You lower your energy bills and get your dishes cleaner when you use a dishwasher instead of washing by hand.
- Clean drains, filters and spray arms regularly.
- The dishwasher should be level. You can tell if it is level by opening the door and placing a carpenter’s level along the edge. Adjust the legs of the dishwasher to even it out.
- Check the gasket for damage and cracks. If it is damaged pry it out and take a piece of it to the hardware store to help you pick out a new one. Soak the new gasket in hot water before putting it in the dishwasher. Soaking the gasket will make it more flexible.
- If sprayer is not working, this could be due to one or more clogs. Remove the sprayer and soak in white vinegar (warm) for a few hours. Then use a stiff wire or pipe cleaner to remove the debris from the holes.
- Fix worn plastic on racks immediately. First, clean and sand the area. Next, apply plastic coating material, marine-grade sealant or silicone.